BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
£50,000 to £60,000 Basic, £70,000 OTE Plus £6,000 car allowance + substantial benefits
London/ South East England
We are the global market leader in interactive whiteboards, whiteboards, smart boards and electronic smart boards, video surveillance solutions, access control software and hardware and CCTV, selling into Corporate, SME and Governments worldwide.
The Business Development Manager plays a pivotal role in the engagement This role is selling into the education sector. The main products within this role is Interactive Whiteboard/Electronic smart-board.
· Extensive experience in selling Interactive Whiteboards, Whiteboards and Electronic Smart-boards
· Experienced in selling into the education sector
· Good connection and long-term relationship within the education sector
· Experienced in managing accounts in the public sector
· Great communication skills and customer service attitude
· A positive attitude and the ability to deal with pressures
· Great negotiation skills
· Initiative, honesty and integrity
The Business Development Manager will provide the following main tasks:
· Establish, grow and maintain sustainable customer relationships within education (schools, colleges and universities etc.)
· including project plan, identifying new opportunities, securing new projects, bidding, effectively ensuring that projects are delivered on time, cost control and budget management;
· Cooperate with the Key Account Tech Support.
· Work with other business development managers and follow up new business opportunities and arrange meetings with educational facilities
· Plan and prepare presentations to government bodies and other interested parties, and communicate product features, benefits and developments clients.
· Deliver product and commercial education and training in conjunction with business partners.
· Assist with the development of market strategies for all products and solutions;
· Actively support marketing events and attend exhibitions related to the company’s products and solutions;
· Assist in the overall growth of the company brand within the UK and Ireland market;
· Provide management with feedback based on requirements of current and future products and solution requirements.
Business Development Manager is also expected to;
· Prepare weekly reports;
· Maintain and develop the companies adopted Salesforce system ensuring all data is accurate and up to date;
· Respond to and follow up sales inquiries;
· Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with colleagues if and when necessary;
· Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information, by producing weekly and quarterly reports;
· Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys;
· Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development;
· Attend regular training meetings to maintain and further develop new relevant knowledge and skills based on the market and the company’s products and solutions.