Key Account Manager – Public sector
£35,000 Basic salary – OTE £47,000 plus car allowance, phone, laptop, pension and many other great benefits.
· The KAM will be responsible for a group of customers and prospects within the Public Sector, ranging in value from £50k pa upward.
· To achieve the Sales and GP target for your area by selling all Services and Solutions Promotion of all Public Sector frameworks.
· Achieving your Sales and GP growth target and new business target, along with other set objectives
· Ensuring compliance is adhered to on all Company initiatives.
· For all roles] Undertake all activities in line with Company Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures and participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace.
Ability to demonstrate quick decision making. Responsive to customer needs and is focused on delivery. Willing and able to adapt and flex approach to changing business and customer needs.
To achieve the sales and GP target by developing your accounts and identifying new gap fill business.
New Business –Achieve an agreed personal new business target and develop a pipeline of prospects on CRM with a top 20 hot list on your Working Platform.
Ensure compliance to all company initiatives are achieved to timescale
On larger opportunities work with all sector specialists (Print, Furniture, Workplace, Work wear and MPS), to identify and develop gap fill
Partnerships– Collaborates across the company and fosters long term relationships internally and externally. Communicates effectively, managing all stakeholders. Promotes effective team working which supports knowledge sharing and a positive and respectful working environment.
The KAM will be responsible for working with their account base to ensure stocks of bespoke client stock such as Print, Specials and Work wear held on their behalf is strictly managed to the terms of the client Shelf Stock Agreement.
The KAM will work closely with the credit control team to ensure the account is able to pay, helping to resolve any disputes within a timely fashion to facilitate payment to terms.
Innovation–Proactively seeks ways to improve products, services and processes. Demonstrates a creative approach to solving problems and generating innovative solutions, which may include simplification, automation and digitisation.
Migrate customers on to the Smart Pad online trading platform.
Retention and Account Reviews – complete on a quarterly / 6 monthly or annual basis depending on customer requirements quality customer account reviews, to increase retention, to position specialists and introduce where an opportunity is identified and to develop, grow accounts.
To create an account plan for the base’s key accounts, that can be monitored for success and with key objectives, goals and timescales for each account.
Integrity – Takes accountability and owns issues. Finds solutions to challenges and is trusted to deliver consistent high quality outputs.
Contract life cycle management – as the owner of the account it is the KAM’s responsibility to understand and work the contract life cycle, providing confidence through a proactive approach so that the client will re-sign into a new agreement ideally without the need for an official tender process. If a tender process is run by the client then it is expected that the KAM will lead this project and ensure all proposals are highly personalised
Skills and Knowledge
The KAM should lead by example, motivate and inspire their fellow team members
- An understanding of our products and services is desirable but training will be provided to those with excellent sales skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with buyers and colleagues at all levels
- The Ability to manage your own time; organising and planning activity to meet internal and external deadlines
- A service driven mentality, to ensure customer requirements are exceeded
- Ability to work with internal personnel of all departments to ensure company service SLA’s are adhered to
- Adhering to the company’s objectives regarding managing margins and growing sales
- Good Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
You will have a desire to exceed OTE and earn £47,000+. In return, you will be offered an open ended commission structure and excellent support from this global market leading organisation.
If you possess the skills and experience listed above and would like to find out more, send a copy of your CV to PBA Sales Recruitment.
KEY WORDS: “Public sector” OR “Key account manager” OR “Account manager” OR “Account management” OR “Key accounts” OR “Public sector accounts” OR “Major accounts” OR “Office supplies” OR “Lyreco” OR “Office stationary” OR “Field sales” OR “office supplier” OR “government sales” OR “selling into Public sector” OR “Office products” OR “Sales” OR “Sales Jobs” OR “Sales Careers” OR “UK” OR “Business sales” OR “Business development” OR “KAM” OR “NAM” OR “National Accounts”
Due to the nature of our business we will only reply to those candidates who we feel have the relevant sales experience for this role.
To view more sales opportunities please visit www.pbasalesrecruitment.co.uk